SPOT-it™ TREC Screening kit is an in vitro diagnostic (IVD) kit intended for newborn screening for severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID). The kit quantifies T-cell receptor excision circle (TREC) DNA extracted from fresh, prospective dried blood spot (DBS) sampled on filter paper. The analysis is performed by semi-quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (qPCR).
The test is intended for use by laboratory professionals to aid in identifying newborns who potentially suffer from SCID caused by lack of mature T-cells.
TRECs are produced during the maturation of T-cells — vital components of the immune system. Lack of TRECs can indicate low or no production of T-cells. A newborn identified with low TRECs can potentially suffer from SCID and should be referred for confirmatory testing.
· Complete solution for SCID screening - including DNA extraction
· From Dried Blood Spot (DBS) to screening result within 3 hours
· Ready-to-use plates pre-filled with reaction mix and samples to generate a standard curve
· Just two pipetting steps for quick and easy handling
· Uses conventional 3.2 mm ⌀ DBS as input
· Designed for the needs of screening laboratories
· CE marked - For In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) use in EU
Dried Blood Spot (DBS) samples
are punched into SPOT-it™ filter plate.
Samples are rinsed and rehydrated to
remove hemoglobin and other
DNA is eluted by heating to 95 °C for
TREC and ACTB copies are quantified
1 x 96-well plate
12 x 96-well plate